About Kibanda TopUp
Kibanda Topup is a venture-backed technology company currently operating in Kenya and Nigeria. Our mission is to increase restaurant contribution to Africa’s GDP. From forecasting capabilities to last-mile deliveries, we are building tools that enable small and medium restaurants to access affordable fresh and dry products. Restaurants need more than an efficient supply chain and we envision a world where the average African restaurant has access to digital and financial tools needed to grow and thrive.
About the role
Our customers rely on us to get all the products that they need to cook & run their restaurant - convenience and reliability are core to our proposition. On top of that, we are the first player in the market to deliver both fresh & dry goods to small and medium-sized restaurants. Our Fresh Supply Chain Manager is responsible for finding ways of delivering consistency and convenience when it comes to fresh products (vegetables, meat & fish) - both short term and long term.
Key responsibilities are:
- Design & implement a mid-term plan for fresh products, including suppliers, procurement, warehousing and distribution
- Build supplier network and procure fresh products that our customers need
- Ensure that fresh product delivery is integrated into the dry goods logistics process, so that customers get all products in a consolidated delivery
- Develop a solid forecasting & procurement process for fresh products
- Work closely with the sales team to drive the share of fresh sales
- Create a long-term plan for fresh products and integrate into the larger Supply Chain plans
- Continuously look to improve and innovate in our supply chain when it comes to increasing the value that we add to customers and operational efficiencies
Who you are
We are looking for someone with passion for food and for Supply Chain innovation, who strives for excellence and can motivate his/her team to do the same.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is able to design and implement fresh supply chain processes - experience with perishable goods is a must
- Has a strong understanding of forecasting & procurement and can design & implement processes around that
- Is diligent about quality and can build in multiple quality checks throughout the full supply chain process
- Has experience with outbound logistics, preferably with fragmented last-mile and/or perishable goods
- Is an excellent communicator (written & verbal) towards all levels of the organization and partners
- Is explorative, and continuously seeks opportunities to improve the customer experience and create efficiencies in operations
We believe that a great Fresh Supply Chain manager can come from many industries and organizational backgrounds and there is no set years of experience that is required for a talented person to fill this role. However, preference will be given to the following:
- Experience dealing with perishable goods (critical)
- A mid- to senior-level supply chain professional at a supply chain heavy startup
- A senior-level supply chain manager at a food business (restaurant chain, catering service, cloud kitchen, etc.)
- Major supply chain innovation at a large company dealing with perishable goods
Why Kibanda TopUp
We are venture-backed and growing fast. We launched less than a year ago and we are already serving more than 3000 customers. You get an opportunity to jump onto the rocket ship near the ground floor. We believe that:
- Our team should grow as fast as the company. If you do well, you will have every opportunity to rocketship your career
- If we win, our team should win. Company shares are a key part of the compensation for all mid-senior hires
- Speed is a Virtue. We make decisions quickly and are not afraid of failing. We prioritize learning by doing
- Everyone is an owner of their work. We do not micromanage, only challenge. We let you own your domain and drive your work independently.
If that sounds exciting, great! Kibanda Topup may be the perfect place for you. But, Kibanda Topup is not for everyone.
- We are an early-stage start-up. It may be chaotic at times with shifting priorities
- This is not a 9-5 job. This a whatever it takes to get it done job
- This is not a place where we will tell you exactly what to do. You will be expected to manage your own work to achieve the outcomes
- We love being around our customers. If you enjoy sitting behind a desk all day, this may not the best place for you